Tips/advice from this college professor (aka, educated idiot):
1. Read. People that read a lot make more $ (2.3 times more?!)
2. Learn the job saving technology.
https://lnkd.in/eu7ANq6 & https://lnkd.in/gE3wp6JU
3. Learn to interview well.
https://lnkd.in/ePzz3NG and https://lnkd.in/eZgTxWc
How to prep for virtual career fairs: https://lnkd.in/evKd-VzQ
Being job ready…
4. Learn to negotiate ($).
https://lnkd.in/gMJYNJkh and https://lnkd.in/guTUcvdu
5. Learn to network & use LinkedIn. https://lnkd.in/gPZPQtqR & https://lnkd.in/dAwyTUy & https://lnkd.in/gFa3iCsg.
10. Job rotations? https://lnkd.in/ervskG5
11. 10 college majors that earn the most money: https://lnkd.in/gcSqXwyJ & https://lnkd.in/gEXGmFfU.
12. Free tool for calculating degree ROI: https://lnkd.in/gEPwNSTJ & https://lnkd.in/gsKyJ9rn.
14. Learn to talk CFO talk: https://lnkd.in/gtve9xTM.
Recent observations & career advice (videos/podcasts):
What is SCM?…
Grad school advice:
Why are U.S. Firms Becoming Socially Responsible & Sustainable (or aren’t they)?
How should companies use competitive bidding?
Assume a supplier estimates the following costs on an RFQ
ROI and Your Core Competency (i.e., SCM?)
To stay competitive, companies are forced to outsource commodities and focus on their core competency
The primary elements for sourcing a supply partner
What does it mean to be hollow? Sourcing Strategy matters!
The most reprinted article in the Harvard Business Review: The “Core Competence” Article
You have every legal right to say you want a “cost breakdown”
Procurement 101: Explanation on Commodities
How do companies outsource strategically?
POs & Advanced Contract Mgmt: https://lnkd.in/gcpHEEvw
How SCM managers “prepare” to negotiate price increases. https://lnkd.in/gVrdpuer
Hundreds of SCM Blogs…
Dr. Sime (Sheema) Curkovic, Ph.D.,
Professor, Operations/Supply Chain, Lee Honors College Faculty FellowWestern Michigan University, Haworth College of BusinessKalamazoo, MI 49008-5429 | 269.267.3093 | email@example.com
The Western Way: “Better, faster, cheaper” www.wmich.edu/supplychain
WMU: #1 in MI for earnings by graduates
Sample Lectures: What is SCM?https://wmich.edu/supplychain/academics/lectureshttps://www.youtube.com/@simecurkovic
WMU…One of nation’s best undergrad SCM programs (Gartner); 2nd in technology (SoftwareAdvice); 2nd in top global talent (SCM World)